Using Emojis to increase engagement on Social Media
The way people converse through texts and emails is changing rapidly. Instead of using tens of words to express an emotion or feeling, people are now using a single simple emoji. Hailing from Japan in 1999, Emoji images have now taken over the communication modes as almost all gadgets support these. By keeping the increase in the usage of these emojis in mind, I bring you today’s article “Using Emojis to increase engagement on Social Media.”
People perceive Emojis as a positive mode of communication. Rather than reading a plain text like “Good Morning”, a text that ends with ” Good Morning 🙂” clearly sends a positive signal to the reader. To know more and to read the story of emojis go to Diariesofkarthik.com.
Because of the ease to convey emotions or just for the fun of using them, as many as six billion emojis are sent across messaging apps every day. When almost every gadget user is using emojis on daily basis, why not a business uses them for marketing?
Below are few ideas to create campaigns by using emojis on social media to increase engagement:
• Creating campaigns on all social media channels asking people to share their most used emojis.
• Creating poll campaigns on all social media channels asking people to vote for best emoji.
• Creating a puzzle with emojis and asking the audience to decode the answer.
• Using emojis in designs to make them more appealing.
• Using emojis in post descriptions and content to convey the emotion. For example: when your followers reach one million rather than plainly saying “Yayyyy! We reached one million”, using emojis and saying “Yayyyy! 💃🕺 We reached one million (😇 & 😊)” conveys the emotion easily.
These are few of the ideas that make your social media posts more interesting, thus increasing the engagements. Remember, not a single day goes without the use of emojis in the digital world. So, start using emojis to increase engagement on Social Media channels.