WE’VE BEEN favouring green in interiors for some time now – and this must-have hue is right on cue this season, with all those gorgeous green shoots emerging outdoors.
And who can resist bringing a touch of nature-inspired calm into their home? From sage green and leafy ferns to trailing foliage, these freshly picked homewares will make your space feel fresh and spring-like in a cinch.
Here’s our pick of the best decorative evergreens to shop right now…
1. Three Apple Green Bud Vases, £18, Gone to Seed
Three Apple Green Bud Vases, Gone to Seed
Bud vases are the easiest way to get the best from your blooms – not only do they love a short spray, they can cope well with wilted flowers too. This apple-green trio ticks all the right botanical boxes.
2. Brilliant Buddha Head with Succulent, available in Female and Male, £25 each, Joe Browns
Brilliant Buddha Head with Succulent, available in Female and Male, Joe Browns
Just in case your plant prowess needs a helping hand, these gorgeous his ’n’ hers Buddha head planters come with a charming faux succulent in two different designs.
3. John Lewis & Partners Salsa 2-Seater Garden Sofa in Jolly Green, £145 (other items from a selection), John Lewis
Naturally, you want to plant yourself outside when the weather warms up, and this perfectly proportioned polyweave rattan sofa lends itself to a boutique balcony or petite patio just as well as a generously sized garden.
4. Verdi Garden Tea Trolley, currently £124.95 (was £139), Cuckooland
Verdi Garden Tea Trolley, Cuckooland
When it’s time to wheel out the garden trolley, this one has enough storage space for wine, gin and an ice bucket – if teatime celebrations run into happy hour.
5. Tuiss Kentia Linen Leaf Roman Blind, from £34.85, Blinds2Go
Tuiss Kentia Linen Leaf Roman Blind, Blinds2Go
When you’re really after a spring refresh and want to create a courtyard garden in your kitchen, these leaf print roller blinds let in just the right measure of daylight for your indoor oasis.
6. Wilko Rustic Retreat Dinner Plate, £4.25, Wilko
Wilko Rustic Retreat Dinner Plate, Wilko
Sage green dinner plates imbibe thoughts of asparagus tips and watercress salad – and at this price, Wilko’s new Rustic Retreat range is a brilliant building block for outdoor dining and picnicware.
7. Green and White Aztec Bone Frame, £25, Graham & Green
Green and White Aztec Bone Frame, Graham and Green
For a small flash of green, try conjuring an exotic scene inside this Aztec inspired frame, such as a parrot postcard or print.
8. Single Sheepskin Rug in Sage, £80, Baa Stool
Single Sheepskin Rug in Sage, Baa Stool
It’s always exciting to unearth new pieces, especially when it’s something sumptuous for underfoot. This beautiful sage green rug can also be draped over a chair or sofa for a super calming visual effect.
9. Simeon Woven Striped Green Cotton Runner Rug, £69.50 (other items from a selection), Oliver Bonas
This gorgeous geometric striped green runner lends itself to a garden room or hallway, and with a pale pink border at either end, it can be teamed with blush pink cushions for a tasteful aesthetic.
10. The Little Botanical Marble Plant Gang, £70, MADE
The Little Botanical Marble Plant Gang, MADE
Should you need to up your indoor plant game, MADE’s new houseplant collection includes exotic varieties with a choice of planters to suit every scheme, from ceramics to copper and marble. Contemporary and cool, we love this duo which includes a large haworthia (zebra cactus) with planter stand, and a potted zamioculcas. Bonus: they only need watering once every few weeks.
11. Tallavera Wallpaper – Seville Collection – Cole & Son, Rose & Spring Greens on Terracotta, £154 per roll, Lime Lace
The great thing about a wonder wall of beautiful blooms, once you’ve hung your favourite bouquet, it’s a low-maintenance centrepiece from there on in. With its Spanish influence, this Seville collection is a fast-track to a suntrap of your own.
12. John Lewis & Partners Hem Bedside Table in Green, £99, John Lewis
With its scalloped edge and open shelf, we love this sage green side table, which is versatile enough to go from a bedroom to home office, depending on your setup.
13. Forest Green Bedtime Bundle in Stonewashed French Flax, from £227, Piglet in Bed
Luxe linen in a gorgeous green not only looks fresh, but keeps you cool in in the summer and comfortable in cooler months. Pair with crisp whites for contrast, or go all-out green and style with the beautifully soft Baa sheepskin rug in sage green for extra wow factor.
Subscribe now to get full access
Get the day's headlines delivered directly to your inbox